2 killed, 2 wounded after gunman’s rampage in Seattle

Looking north up Sand Point Way Northeast where two cars collided

Two people dead after gunman opens fire in North Seattle, carjacks vehicle

Two people were killed in a shooting, and two others were wounded, including a King County Metro bus driver, in Seattle's Lake City neighborhood Wednesday afternoon.

The shooting began shortly after 4 p.m. when the Sand Point resident approached a auto near the intersection of Sand Point Way Northeast and Bartlett Avenue Northeast and opened fire, critically injuring the female driver.

Police Chief Carmen Best told the Seattle Times that four people were shot, and that there was one fatality. She was later transported to Harborview Medical Center where she is in critical condition, officials said.

In a separate message, Durkan said she was "grieving" with the loved ones of those who lost their lives in the tragedy and ensured that the community would "continue to come together to heal".

None of the 12 passengers aboard the bus was hit, Metro said.

Deputy Chief Garth-Green said that Seattle police have not been called to the suspect's home in the past and he was unknown to law enforcement. The driver though injured, managed to park the bus on side of the road.

McDonald's makes $300 million bet that AI can sell you a burger
Steve Easterbrook , McDonald's President and CEO claims that technology is an important part of their Velocity Growth Plan . It will also be added to its digital customer experience touchpoints, such as self-order kiosks and it mobile app.

"Just after 4 pm, the suspect, a Sand Point resident, approached a driver near Sand Point Way Northeast and Bartlett Avenue Northeast".

Police work the scene where two cars collided in Seattle, Wednesday, March 27, 2019, after a gunman opened fire on vehicles in a Seattle neighborhood.

Seattle Police are still investigating the motive of the shooter.

He then walked on and fired at a Metro bus, striking the driver, who was able to turn the vehicle around and drive away, authorities said.

Bullet holes are reportedly visible in the windshield of the bus. The suspect then approached a second motorist in a Toyota Prius and opened fire, killing the driver. "Police were able to take him into custody after a brief standoff", added the Seattle police. Officials said numerous streets in the area were blocked off and police instructed the public to stay away.

Stark has worked for the transit agency seven years and "acted heroically in the face of extreme adversity to protect his passengers", said King County Executive Dow Constantine said has worked for King County Metro for seven years. He saved lives. Grateful to him and all the first responders who went toward the danger today. He later walked into the street and fired on a Metro bus and a Prius auto.

Latest News