Softpedia News reported that a lawsuit filed in NY states real estate agent Diane Chung was using her Galaxy Note 9 earlier this month when is started "getting really hot". The real estate agent stopped using her phone and placed it in her purse but afterward heard a whistling and screeching sound, and she noticed thick smoke. As soon as Chung reached the lobby, she kicked the device out of the elevator.
The woman then tried to empty the contents of her purse on an elevator floor but to no avail. However, the device did not stop burning until a passerby picked it up with a cloth and placed it into a bucket of water, the newspaper reports.
Samsung has since heavily promoted that it has a multi-stage battery check process for all of its devices.
Woman comes forward to accuse Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct
When they were first reported last week, anonymously and in much vaguer terms, I didn't think they amounted to much. As of late Sunday evening, Trump had yet to comment about the Ford allegation on his Twitter account .
The Galaxy Note 9 reportedly catching fire will certainly grab Samsung's attention at the worst possible time, especially after the new 2018 iPhone lineup has officially gone on pre-order.
According to SamMobile, confirmation has come from the CEO of Samsung's mobile division DJ Koh, who told Chinese media this week that the changes to the new device would be "very significant", offer "amazing" colours and have an update that would please consumers. "Users do not have to worry about the batteries anymore", he said. However, some devices that were marked safe also reported cases of fire. Rumors say they may be related to the rear cameras, with a three or even four-lens array a possibility-though Samsung's October 11 Galaxy event that promises "4X fun" could see the unveiling of its first quad-camera phone. The Galaxy Note 9 has been launched in a number of markets around the world including India and has since received widespread praise.